What You Ought to Know About DOOH.
The DOOH Buyer's Guide and Metrics Glossary
Start your week expanding your knowledge outside your comfort zone with an understanding of Interactive Advertising Bureau’s (IAB) connection and work with Digital Out of Home.
In a hurry? Click on the following 2 links and bookmark or download for future reference.
1. DOOH Metric Glossary ⇐Click to open it here
2. (Click)⇒ IAB’s Digital OOH Digital Buyer’s Guide Both recommended reading by OOH Today.
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), formed a Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH) committee to create efficiencies for agencies and brands to evaluate, plan, and buy DOOH with traditional online media. The committee created a DOOH Metric Glossary ⇐Click to open it here. In addition to the ‘DOOH Metrics Glossary‘, the IAB created a Buyers Guide for DOOH. (Click)⇒ IAB’s Digital OOH Digital Buyer’s Guide.
First, what is the IAB?
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), is the trade association for the digital online advertising industry.
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), is the trade association for the digital online advertising industry. Founded in 1996 and headquartered in NYC. The IAB empowers the media and marketing industries in the digital economy. IAB has more than 650 member companies, who are responsible for selling, delivering, and optimizing digital advertising campaigns and represents over 85% of online advertising in the United States.
The IAB produces industry standards and best practices, research, thought leadership, education and workforce development. Also In affiliation with the IAB Tech Lab, IAB also develops technical standards and best practices.
The IAB produces industry standards and best practices, critical research, thought leadership, education and workforce development.
Some names you know are on the DOOH Committee’s Working Group.
The IAB DOOH Committee evaluated and identified similarities, common ground and unique terms listing the results as the IAB’s DOOH Metrics Glossary. ←Click. This guide serves as a reference for planners, buyers, and strategists with DOOH media space.Sellers should be familiar with it as well.
Who were the members of the DOOH Metrics Glossary’s Working Group?
- Dylan Mabin, Geopath
- Ameet Shah, Prohaska Consulting
- Rainbow Kirby, Clear Channel Outdoor
- Cecelia Lang, Outfront Media
- Ryan Pogy, BroadSign
- Stephanie Gutnick, BroadSign
- Paul Lenhart, Outfront Media
- Adrian D’Souza, Intersection
- Diane Williams, Nielsen
- Douglas Bideaux, Intersection
Summarizing the Metrics Glossary into 5 sections:
- Impressions Overview – Identifying 3 commonly used forms of “impressions”. The glossary helps sellers identify what they are selling and buyers understanding what they are getting.
- Common DOOH Terms – A variety of terminology unique to Digital Out of Home which have implications on buying.
- Creative Specification Nomenclature – Unique language which provides insight into how a piece of creative is rendered and executed in Digital Out of Home formats.
- Audience Targeting Terms –.Provides understanding of the words and phrases which help identify bring to bear DOOH to media planning for optimum performance.
- Performance Measurement Terms – Audience targeting and common language ensuring a campaign performed as intended.
In addition to the ‘DOOH Metrics Glossary‘, the IAB created a Buyer’s Guide for DOOH. (Click)⇒ IAB’s Digital OOH Digital Buyer’s Guide Also recommended reading by OOH Today.