2018 Q1 US OOH Revenue by Category
Outdoor Advertising Association of America reports revenue up 2% in Q1 of 2018
US 2018 Q1 #OOH and #DOOH revenue totaled $1.7 Billion, up 2% over previous year, 8 years of continuous growth. Out of Home Revenue by media category graph per OAAA. Figures are estimates which include data from OAAA member companies, Kantar Media and Miller Kaplan.
Nancy Fletcher, OAAA President and CEO stated, “An important part of OOH’s growth has been advertisers in the tech and digital sectors because of its ability to efficiently reach massive audiences.”
Ranked in order of spend, the top 10 OOH advertisers in Q1 were McDonald’s, Apple, Metro PCS, Netflix, Geico, US Army National Guard, American Express, M&Ms, Chevrolet, and Universal Pictures.
Over 25% of the top 100 OOH advertisers more than doubled their OOH spend over Q1 2017. They include: Adyen, Carvana, CVS, DirecTV, Entercom, Ford, HCA Hospital Corp Of America, Hilton Hotels/Resorts, Honda, Hyundai Dealer Assn, Itcanwait.com, Jimmy Johns Gourmet Sandwich Shop, LinkedIn, LogMeIn, M&Ms, Netflix, NYC Department of Health & Hygiene, T-Mobile, TNT, Turkish Airlines, US Army, US Army National Guard, Warner Bros, YouTube, Zelle and Zoom Video Communications.
Australia —Outdoor Media Association reports revenue up 8.7% in Q1 2018
OMA , Outdoor Media Association, the Australian Out of Home industry’s comparable association to the United States’ Outdoor Advertising Association of America, OAAA. OMA members represent approximately 80% of the OOH revenue generated in Australia
OMA reports an increase of 8.7% on net media revenue year-on-year in the first quarter of 2018, posting $203.1 Million, up from $186.9 million for the first quarter in 2017.
Digital revenue was 49.7% of total net media revenue year-to-date, an increase over 44.4% for the same period last year.
Category figures for Australia Q1 2018
• Roadside Billboards (over and under 25 square metres): $82.7 million
• Roadside Other (street furniture, bus/tram externals, small format): $55.0 million
• Transport (including airports): $35.1 million
• Retail, Lifestyle and Other: $30.3 million
Category figures for Austalia Q1 2017
• Roadside Billboards (over and under 25 square metres): $77.3 million
• Roadside Other (street furniture, bus/tram externals, small format): $51.1 million
• Transport (including airports): $29.5 million
• Retail, Lifestyle and Other: $28.9 million