A Look Back at DPAA Summit Part 1
– Videos Now Available
A Look Back at DPAA Summit Part 1 – Videos Now Available
Last month DPAA did it again! Their Global Summit attracted close to 1,000 industry heavyweights for a day of learning, networking, hearing great brand stories and entertainment. Pier 60 on New York’s Hudson River was packed with the industry’s best and brightest – DOOH networks, programmatic firms, brands, agencies, press, hardware, software, location data, research companies, etc. — as they experienced new programmatic, OOH and other service offerings in the exhibit area and listened to top brands and agencies discuss their advertising and OOH strategies. The DPAA Summit remains the largest one-day media/marketing event where the OOH community comes out to meet, mingle and learn from media buyers.
Here are some favorite highlights and great quotes on OOH. To access the videos click here.
- Todd Kaplan, CMO, Pepsi, gave a master class in connecting with consumers with cultural relevancy. From opening a physical diner to celebrate it’s 125th Anniversary to blanketing Atlanta (home of Coca-Cola) with out of home ads during the 2019 Superbowl. “Out of home by its nature is local and contextual, you see it at a specific time, you interact with it in a specific way…there’s a lot of storytelling that can go into the creative brief.”
- Tariq Hassan, CMO, McDonald’s on their use of data, multiple screens and AI, “As I start to understand and can start to use the algorithm to understand the movement and predictability of my customers, and potentially competitive customers, how do I then take that knowledge and not only apply it to this screen or that, but then start to apply it to the surrounding displays around it?”
- John Osborn at Ad Net Zero encouraged the audience to take a look at its digital footprint to understand where carbon emissions are coming from.
- “Out of Home is a core channel for us,” said Jillian Zech, Sr. Manager Digital Brand Media for Brooks Running. “This is a way for us to get our message out in a big way, especially in big priority markets.”
- DOOH-E (Digital Out of Home Excellence) Awards, the industry’s only peoples choice awards recognized campaigns by Eletromidia, Dentsu for advertiser Tohotowa, Evergreen Trading for Corona, and Energy BBDO for Claritin.
DPAA always features top brands, those spending hundreds of millions of dollars in advertising and has them share how their out of home campaigns and experiences contribute to and enhance their omnichannel strategies and its a lot of fun! There is a lot of good learning in these videos, we encourage you to watch them. Click here to access the videos.