The Cure for Outdoor Advertising’s Overlooked Format
Making the Poster Panel Great Again!
We know the poster panel is not as popular or purchased as much as bulletins, whether digital or static. Occupancy and rates for Outdoor Advertising companies’ poster panels are dramatically lower compared to years’ past, particularly where the market has other media formats for advertisers to choose.
The static poster is not faring as well throughout the country as bulletins. The selection and buying of the bulletin, while welcomed, has left the poster to struggle.
Show me an OOH poster which isn’t effective, and I will show you bad creative
The simple solution is greater focus and resources on creative in developing poster designs. Commanding creative knows no limitations to billboard size or location. Powerful creative makes all Out of Home equal.
OOH makes some billboards large and some billboards small, great creative makes all Billboards equal.
We only need to share one brilliant campaign as example of the simplicity in creative design in the effectiveness of the Poster Panel.
OOH makes some billboards large and some billboards small,
great creative makes all Billboards equal.
Pros and Cons for Poster Panels
While creative is primary, educating the buyer and proper positioning in selling posters, is a close second.
The poster can be as effective, if not more so, than a bulletin. While there are valid planning strategies for choosing bulletins over posters, in many cases, the poster is over looked and the bulletin is selected, for misguided rational.
Erroneous Excuses why posters are not an effective OOH format:
- Too small
- Bad locations
- Poor distribution
- Low traffic counts
- Not enough space for the message
- Bulletin size is more effective
- Bulletins are in better locations
- I don’t see them all like the bulletin I drive by every day
- Production costs too high
- Bulletins are easier to buy/sell
Why Posters are a very effective OOH format:
- A standardized poster typically measures 12’3” x 24’6” —that is nearly 240 square feet!
- Posters are cost-effective
- Posters are less expensive for space and production
- Market saturation is less expensive than bulletin saturation
- Full market coverage is achieved faster buying multiple less expensive Posters
- Greater number of locations throughout a market
- Ideal for point-of-purchase strategy
- Attract vehicular traffic to local retailers
- Faster reach
- Greater frequency
- Target prospects geographically or demographically
- Location opportunities in neighborhoods.
- Rapidly build and maintain market presence by achieving large audience exposure with broad reach and high frequency.
OOH makes some billboards large and some billboards small, great creative and
SMART PLANNING and SELLING, make all Billboards equally effective.
Buy/Sell a poster campaign today.
great creative and SMART PLANNING and SELLING,
make all Billboards equally effective.