Clear Channel Outdoor’s sharing efforts to celebrate Black History Month for 2023 with a new month-long digital campaign.
- 1875, Carter Woodson, known as the creator of Black History Month, is born in Virginia.
- 1936, Jesse Owens wins four gold medals at the Berlin Olympics.
- 1965, Congress passes Voting Rights Act. Activists honored later by National Voting Rights Museum.
- 1976, Nation’s celebration of Black History expands from one week to one month.
- 1983, Martin Luther King Jr. Day established as federal holiday
- 2003, Congress establishes the National Museum of African American History
- 2008, Barack Obama elected first Black U.S. President
- 2021, President Biden signs bill declaring Juneteenth a federal holiday
- 2021, Kamala Harris becomes first woman and African American U.S. Vice President
- 2022, Ketanji Brown Jackson sworn in as first Black woman on the U.S. Supreme Court
Simone Bradley, graphic designer, CCOA-San Francisco, built this creative for the campaign.